Canon PIXMA MX850 Driver Download
The Canon PIXMA MX850 printer is a versatile and high-performance device that is designed to meet the printing, scanning, copying, and faxing needs of both home users and small businesses. With its advanced features and reliable performance, the PIXMA MX850 has become a popular choice among individuals and professionals alike.
Canon PIXMA MX850 Driver
When it comes to using the Canon PIXMA MX850 printer, the driver plays a crucial role. The driver is a software program that acts as a bridge between your computer and the printer, allowing them to communicate effectively.
The Canon PIXMA MX850 driver is typically available as a downloadable file from the Canon official website. It is essential to download the correct version of the driver that is compatible with your operating system. The driver files are often provided in a compressed format, such as ZIP or EXE, and you will need to extract them before installation.
This product is a driver for Canon IJ multifunction printers.
This driver is compatible with all types of Canon PIXMA MX850 series printers.
If you are using Microsoft Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, and 2000 (32-bit) get it here.
- File Name: mx850swin64101ej.exe
- File Version: 1.01
- File Size: 16.69 MB
What’s New Ver.1.01
- Windows 8.1 has been added as a supported OS.
- Windows 8 has been added as a supported OS.
- Officially supports Windows 7.
- Printing Japanese Websites with Internet Explorer 11:
When using Internet Explorer 11, there may be issues with printing Japanese websites correctly. To resolve this problem, it is recommended to update both the operating system (OS) and Internet Explorer to the latest versions available through Windows Update.
- Maintaining Printer Driver Compatibility during Windows Upgrades:
If you have a printer driver installed on Windows 8 and decide to upgrade to Windows 8.1 while keeping the printer driver, please note that bidirectional support in the printer properties may be disabled. This can lead to issues such as the printer not detecting ink levels. To rectify this, reinstall the printer driver after upgrading to Windows 8.1 and ensure that bidirectional support is enabled in the printer properties.
- Maintaining Scanner Driver Compatibility during Windows Upgrades:
Similar to the printer driver, if you have a scanner driver installed on Windows 8 and upgrade to Windows 8.1 while retaining the scanner driver, scanning from the product using the SCAN button may become unavailable. To restore scanning functionality, reinstall the scanner driver after upgrading to Windows 8.1.
- Scanner Functionality over LAN Connection after MP Driver Upgrade:
Users who utilize the mentioned models through a LAN connection may encounter issues with scanning after upgrading or reinstalling the MP Drivers. To address this, it is advised to take the following preventive action:
a) When reinstalling the MP Drivers with an existing LAN connection, manually specify “FILE” as the port in the Installation Complete window.
b) Download the latest version of the Network tool to reconfigure the network setup.
- Sleep Mode Interruption during Scanning:
During scanning, if the computer’s operating system is set to enter sleep mode, the scanning process may be interrupted. To ensure uninterrupted scanning, it is recommended to adjust the OS settings to prevent sleep mode activation or allow sufficient time for the scanning process to complete.
By following these precautionary measures, you can address various issues related to printing, driver compatibility, and scanning, thereby optimizing the functionality of your printer and scanner.
Canon PIXMA MX850 Driver and its Compatibility Requirements
The Canon PIXMA MX850 driver is specifically designed to optimize the printer’s performance and enable all of its functionalities. It contains instructions and settings that allow your computer to control the printer accurately. To ensure smooth operation, it is important to install the correct driver version that is compatible with your operating system, such as Windows 10, macOS, or Linux.
Installing the Canon PIXMA MX850 Driver
Installing the Canon PIXMA MX850 driver is a straightforward process that can be accomplished by following a few simple steps.
- Begin by visiting the Canon official website and navigating to the support section. Look for the drivers and software page for the PIXMA MX850 printer.
- Locate the appropriate driver for your operating system and click on the download link. Save the driver file to a location on your computer that is easily accessible, such as the desktop.
- Once the download is complete, locate the driver file and double-click on it to start the installation process. Follow the on-screen prompts and instructions provided by the driver installer.
- During the installation, you may be prompted to connect the Canon PIXMA MX850 printer to your computer using a USB cable. Ensure that the printer is powered on and properly connected.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer to finalize the driver installation process. After the restart, your Canon PIXMA MX850 printer should be ready for use.
Canon PIXMA MX850 Driver Updated
To ensure optimal performance and compatibility, it is important to keep the Canon PIXMA MX850 driver updated. Regular updates can fix bugs, improve functionality, and enhance the overall user experience. Here are some methods for checking and updating the driver on different platforms.
- Windows: On a Windows operating system, you can check for driver updates by accessing the Device Manager. Right-click on the “Start” button, select “Device Manager,” and expand the “Print queues” category. Right-click on the Canon PIXMA MX850 printer, choose “Update driver,” and follow the on-screen instructions to check for and install any available updates.
- macOS: On a macOS, you can check for driver updates by opening the “App Store” and clicking on the “Updates” tab. If an update is available for the Canon PIXMA MX850 driver, click on the “Update” button next to it to initiate the installation process.
- Linux: On a Linux operating system, driver updates can be obtained through the package manager. Depending on your specific Linux distribution, you can use commands like “apt-get” or “yum” to update the printer driver package.
Additional Software for the Canon PIXMA MX850
In addition to the driver, there are various supplementary software and tools available for the Canon PIXMA MX850 printer that can further enhance its capabilities and functionality.
- Canon Easy-PhotoPrint EX: This software allows you to easily create and print photo albums, calendars, and stickers using your own photos.
- Canon My Image Garden: My Image Garden provides a range of creative options for organizing and printing your photos. It includes features such as face recognition, special filters, and automatic layout suggestions.
- Canon Quick Menu: The Quick Menu software provides quick access to frequently used printer functions, such as scanning, copying, and printing. It simplifies the printing process and enhances productivity.
- Canon Solution Menu EX: Solution Menu EX provides a centralized location for accessing various printer features and functions. It includes links to user manuals, troubleshooting guides, and software updates.
- Canon Network Tool: This tool allows you to manage and configure the network settings of your Canon PIXMA MX850 printer, making it easy to connect the printer to a wireless network.
Troubleshooting Common Canon PIXMA MX850 Driver Issues
While the Canon PIXMA MX850 driver is generally reliable, there may be instances where you encounter certain issues. Here are some common problems and their possible solutions:
- Printer not detected: If your computer fails to detect the Canon PIXMA MX850 printer, ensure that the USB cable is properly connected, try using a different USB port, or reinstall the driver.
- Driver compatibility problems: If you upgrade your operating system and the printer driver becomes incompatible, visit the Canon website to download and install the latest driver version that supports your updated OS.
- Printer offline errors: If your printer appears as “offline” in the printer settings, check the printer’s power and connection status, restart both the printer and the computer, and verify that the correct printer is selected as the default.
The Canon PIXMA MX850 printer is a reliable and versatile device that requires a compatible driver for optimal performance. By understanding the role of the driver, installing it correctly, and keeping it updated, you can ensure seamless printing, scanning, copying, and faxing operations. Additionally, exploring the supplementary software and tools available for the printer can further enhance its functionality. In case of any driver issues, troubleshooting methods can help resolve common problems and keep your Canon PIXMA MX850 printer running smoothly.