- Posted by:
- Posted on:
macOS v10.12, Mac OS X v10.11, Mac OS X v10.10, Mac OS X v10.9, Mac OS X v10.8.5, Mac OS X v10.7.5, Mac OS X v10.6.8, Mac OS X v10.5.8
Canon U.S.A. Inc.
Canon PIXMA MP490 Scanner Driver
This file is a TWAIN-compliant scanner driver for Canon color image scanner.
This driver is compatible with all types of Canon PIXMA MP490 series printers.
See also Canon PIXMA MP280 Driver
File name: msd_-mac-mp490-15_5_2a-ea8_2.dmg
File version: 15.5.2c
File Size: 11 MB
What’s New Ver.15.5.2c
- macOS Sierra (v10.12) has been added as a supported OS.
- OS X El Capitan (v10.11) has been added as a supported OS.
- OS X Yosemite (v10.10) has been added as a supported OS.
- OS X Mavericks v10.9 has been added as a supported OS.
- OS X Mountain Lion (v10.8) has been added as a supported OS.
Download / Installation Procedures
- Download the file. For the location where the file is saved, check the computer settings.
- Double-click the downloaded file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
- Double-click the packaged file in the folder. Installation starts automatically.
- [OS v10.11, 10.12]
When the scanner driver is launched, the guide message is may be displayed.
When you select Yes:
The TWAIN driver (ScanGear) is launched. Scanning using MP Navigator EX or IJ Scan Utility can be performed.
Here, the ICA driver cannot be launched. The product name is not displayed in Image Capture, therefore, you cannot perform scanning using Image Capture.
- [OS v10.11, 10.12]
(USB)Due to a change in the OS specifications, scanning from the product (by using the SCAN button) is not available. Perform scanning from a PC.
- [OS v10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12]
When you try to install the software downloaded from the Canon download library, the message will be displayed and the installer cannot be launched in some instances.
Procedures for the installation:
– While pressing and holding the Ctrl key, click on the installer package file.
– Select [Open].
– “The software is from an unidentified developer. Are you sure want to open it?” is displayed. Select [Open].
- After upgrading OS X v10.5 to OS X v10.6, the scanner functions will not operate. Reinstall the scanner driver.