- Posted by:
- Posted on:
macOS 10.12, Mac OS X 10.11, Mac OS X 10.10, Mac OS X 10.9, Mac OS X 10.8.5, Mac OS X 10.7.5, Mac OS X v10.6.8, Mac OS X 10.5.8
Canon U.S.A. Inc.
Canon PIXMA MX420 Scanner Driver
This file is a TWAIN-compliant scanner driver for Canon color image scanner. This driver compatibility with all Canon PIXMA MX420 series
File Name: msd_-mac-mx420-17_7_1b-ea8_2.dmg
File Version: 17.7.1d
File Size: 14.35 MB
What’s New Ver.17.7.1d
- macOS Sierra (v10.12) has been added as a supported OS.
- OS X El Capitan (v10.11) has been added as a supported OS.
- OS X Yosemite (v10.10) has been added as a supported OS.
- OS X Mavericks v10.9 has been added as a supported OS.
- The installation problem has been fixed.
Download / Installation Procedures
- Download the file. For the location where the file is saved, check the computer settings.
- Double-click the downloaded file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- Double-click the mounted Disk Image.
- Double-click the packaged file in the folder. Installation starts automatically.
- [OS v10.11, 10.12]
When the scanner driver is launched, the guide message is may be displayed.
When you select Yes:
The TWAIN driver (ScanGear) is launched. Scanning using MP Navigator EX or IJ Scan Utility can be performed.
Here, the ICA driver cannot be launched. The product name is not displayed in Image Capture, therefore, you cannot perform scanning using Image Capture.
- [OS v10.11, 10.12]
(USB)Due to a change in the OS specifications, scanning from the product (by using the SCAN button) is not available. Perform scanning from a PC.
- [OS v10.8, 10.9, 10.10, 10.11, 10.12]
When you try to install the software downloaded from the Canon download library, the message will be displayed and the installer cannot be launched in some instances.
Procedures for the installation:
– While pressing and holding the Ctrl key, click on the installer package file.
– Select [Open].
– “The software is from an unidentified developer. Are you sure want to open it?” is displayed. Select [Open].
- (When using the multiple numbers of the Canon Inkjet MFPs in the same network environment)
Scanning through a network may not be performed.
– Install the latest scanner driver for the machine you are using again.
– Perform the network setup using the following:
MX360 series, MX410 series, MX420 series, MX880 series: IJ Network Scanner Selector EX
Models other than the above: IJ Network Scanner Selector
Some models you see here may not be available in your region.